- NO HELMET – NO RIDE
- Ride Open Trails: Respect trail and road closures.
- Do not trespass on private land.
- Day Fees are payable for Non-Members, and an indemnity must be signed and wristband worn.
- Under 18’s to be accompanied by an adult.
- Members must display their membership boards or wristbands.
- Do not litter.
- Control your bicycle and ride within your limits.
- Pay attention to the IMBA trail difficulty signs.
- Yield Appropriately: Cyclists should yield to other non-motorised trail users. Cyclists traveling downhill should yield to ones headed uphill. Beware that some trails have two-way traffic.
- Never scare animals.
- Emergency phone numbers are on the website and wrist bands.
- Adhere to FDI (fire) warnings: During the months of 01 May – 31 October be aware of the danger of fire. If uncertain of the FDI, contact the Lions River Fire Protection Association on 033 330 6369 or our Facebook page.
- NO SMOKING: Smoking whilst being on any Karkloof Trail is strictly prohibited.
- Avoid operational areas and activities i.e. harvesting or farming activities or farm operational vehicles.
Thanks very much for your co-operation and enjoy the trails.
Fire season is from 1 May to 31 October.
If dry, hot and windy, please check the FDI status, by speaking to trail staff, observing TRAIL CLOSED signs or checking our Facebook page for up to date trail FDI info.
You can also call the Lions River FPA on 073 704 5862.
RIDING IS PROHIBITED WHEN THE FDI IS ORANGE OR RED
Thanks very much for your cooperation and enjoy the trails.